Tensor categories in representation theory
There will be no lecture on Wednesday, July 5.
There will be oral exams at the beginning of the summer break.
Instructors Prof. Dr. Catharina Stroppel
and Dr. Johannes Flake
Wednesdays and Fridays, 10–12 am, R1.008, Endenicher Allee 60
- Chari–Pressley: A Guide to Quantum Groups
- Etingof–Gelaki–Nikshych–Ostrik: Tensor Categories
- Kassel: Quantum Groups
- Stroppel: Representation Theory I & II (lecture notes)
- Algebra I & II
- good theoretical and practical knowledge of representation theory
- basic knowledge of category theory
The goal of this course is the study of monoidal and braided monoidal categories from a representation-theoretic perspective. After introducing basic notions (additive and abelian categories, tensor categories, Hopf algebras), we explain the role of Tannakian reconstruction in the context of representation theory, and Deligne's theorem on tensor categories. Applications using Deligne's interpolation categories will be given.